Q: I’ve passed the Level II exams. What are the other requirements for CAIA Membership?
• Hold a bachelor's degree or the equivalent, and have more than one year of full-time professional experience within the regulatory, banking, financial or related fields. Alternatively, a candidate must have at least four years of full-time professional experience within the regulatory, banking, financial or related fields.
• Submit payment for a one- or two-year CAIA Association membership.
• Agree on an annual or biennial basis to abide by the Member Agreement.
• Please keep in mind that we offer Affiliate Membership as an option if you do not meet the CAIA Membership requirements when you pass your Level II exam. (Please see CAIA Affiliate Membership information.
Q: Do I have to apply for CAIA Membership within a certain period after passing my Level II exams? If I wait too long, will I have to retake my exams?
• There are no time restrictions on the validity of your exam results. To enjoy a full of year of benefits, we encourage you to apply for membership as soon as possible after completing the CAIA program.
• Please keep in mind that we offer Affiliate Membership as an option if you do not meet the CAIA Membership requirements when you pass your Level II exam. (Please see CAIA Affiliate Membership information.)
Q: Are there any disadvantages in delaying my membership registration?
• To enjoy a full of year of benefits, we encourage you to apply for membership as soon as possible after completing the CAIA program.
• Your membership cycle is determined by the date you pass your Level II exam.
• If you complete the program in September, your membership always expires on November 30.
• If you complete the program in March, your membership always expires on May 31.
Q: Will I receive a certificate for completing the CAIA program?
• No, we do not issue certificates for completing the exams.
• Once your CAIA membership has been approved, you will receive your CAIA Charter.
• See CAIA Charter information for details.
Q: How much does membership cost?
A one-year membership costs US$350 and a two-year membership is US$700.
Q: Do my references, also known as referees, have to be CAIA Members?
• Membership in the CAIA Association is not a requirement to serve as a reference.
• The only requirement for your references is that they have relevant information regarding your professional experience.
Q: Can you tell me who will be contacting my professional references, so I can alert them?
• We do not contact professional references on a routine basis. However, we reserve the right to contact all references in the event that we perform a random audit.
Q: I completed the Member Agreement, but wanted to check my answers/make some changes. What should I do?
• Once the Member Agreement is completed, you will not be able to move back to review the information or to make any changes.
• If you would like to change or review your professional reference information, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All other updates may be made by in your profile: make changes to your country of residence in the General tab; update your employment status, company name and country in the Professional tab; and make changes to your primary email address, mailing address, and phone number in the Contact Info tab.
Q: Where do I enter the name I want to have printed on my Charter?
• Your legal name will be printed on your Charter.
Q: How can I have my legal name updated?
• Please complete the Legal Name Change Request form and send it to email@example.com along with the required supporting documentation.
Q: How long do I have to wait to start using the CAIA designation?
• After submitting payment, you will receive an email confirmation that your membership application has been approved.
You are now officially a CAIA Charter Holder in good standing and have earned the right to use the CAIA designation
Please refer to the Intellectual Property Policy for details on the usage of the CAIA Marks.