Q: When do I need to renew my membership?
• If you passed your Level II exam in February or March, your membership renewal window opens on April 1 and your membership expires on May 31.
• If you passed your Level II exam in July/September, your membership renewal window opens on October 1 and your membership expires on November 30.
• When you log in to your account, you will have access to the renewal link.
Q: How do I renew my membership?
• Log in to your account and click on the link to Renew your membership today.
• You will be directed to the Membership page. Review and update if needed, your employment and contact information.
• Check the “I have read and agree to the terms of the Member Agreement and the Member Discipline Procedure” box.
• Click Continue to Payment.
• At the top of the Membership Purchase: Payment page, select a one- or two-year membership, then select the Payment Method and click Review Order to continue.
• Important! If you click Start Over, you will need to start the membership registration process again.
Q: What happens if I don’t renew my membership on time?
• To enjoy a full year of benefits, we encourage you to renew your membership on time. Please also keep in mind that we do not prorate membership dues.
• Regardless of when you first apply for or last renew your membership, your membership always expires on May 31 if you pass your Level II exam in February/March or on November 30 if you passed your Level II exam in July/September.
• Please also keep in mind that only CAIA members have the right to use the CAIA designation.
Q: I completed the Member Agreement, but wanted to check my answers/make some changes. What should I do?
• Once the Member Agreement is completed, you will not be able to move back to review the information or to make any changes.
• If you would like to change or review the information you submitted regarding your professional references or please send your request to email@example.com.
• All other updates may be made by in your profile: make changes to your country of residence in the General tab; update your employment status, company name, and country in which your company is located in the Professional tab; and make changes to your primary email address, mailing address, and phone number in the Contact Info tab.
Q: How much does membership cost?
• A one-year membership costs US$350 and a two-year membership is US$700.
Q: Can I apply for Affiliate Membership? Do you offer any membership options at a reduced cost?
• CAIA Affiliate Membership is offered to eligible new members only. We offer Retired Membership status as an option for renewing members who are unemployed, retired, full-time students, or experiencing other extenuating financial or personal circumstances, and are unable to pay the full membership fee. The annual membership cost for Affiliate and Retired Status Membership is US$175 and US$175 respectively.
• See Affiliate Membership and Retired Membership Status for additional details.
Q: I lost my job and can no longer afford to pay the full membership fee. Do you offer any options that would allow me to continue my CAIA membership?
• We offer Retired Membership status at a reduced cost to renewing members who are unemployed, retired, returning to school, or experiencing other extenuating financial or personal circumstances and are unable to pay the full membership fee.
• Please see Retired Membership status for details.